Title

Ital (eye'-tal): of or from the earth; vital; life giving; natural.

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Day Dreams

On Friday, I was speaking with a coworker about her upcoming year abroad in Spain. I told her that Spain grabbed my heart twenty years ago on a whirl-wind 10 day European tour with my high school language club. The first opportunity I had to travel in college, it was Spain again but this time for six months. I traveled the whole country then. Met wonderful people. Drank sangria. Wrote poetry. Studied art. Danced under the stars. Made amazing memories.

Last night, I stumbled upon this on Tumblr:


Run away to Barcelona. Eat milk chocolate magnum bars and drink cheap champagne. Burst into charming fits of laughter whenever you get embarrassed about butchering the Catalan language. Wear denim cutoffs, Dr. Pepper chapstick, and very little else. Go dancing at 3 a.m. Whiten your teeth. Tan your shoulders. Braid feathers into your hair. Perpetually wake up with sand caught in the thin cotton sheets of your tiny bed. Listen to the Rolling Stones and kiss all the longhaired boys you can get your hands on without ever having to apologize.

- (via thatkindofwoman)

Spain is tugging at my heart again. And, I certainly wouldn't mind kissing this longhaired boy...


What are you dreaming about?

No comments: