Title

Ital (eye'-tal): of or from the earth; vital; life giving; natural.

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Introductions

I feel like I have been writing a lot about us, but not really about us. Meaning, I've been relating anecdotes about our move and our adventures, but I've written very little about who we are and what we do. So I thought I would take some time to introduce us. I'm an artist. I love making things...whether they are art things or food things or other things. I have an MFA from Pratt Institute in Brooklyn which is where I met Mo, who is an architect. He makes things too. BIG things...like houses and hospitals. And he is my resident physicist and art handler. When I have a conundrum about one of my sculptures, he always has the right answer! I like to say he creates the space and I fill it. Recently, I got a book the collaboration between artists and architects. It is a very unique dynamic. We have only truly collaborated once on a sculpture, but I look forward to future work together. Our approach to our works is both ecological and socially responsible. We attempt to use recycled or sustainably managed materials to make our work.

There are a couple of places where you can view images of my fine art as well as the fine craft and jewelry that I create:
www.raestudios.etsy.com
www.raestudios.net
www.thecreativecenter.org

I've also added a direct link to my etsy shop at the bottom of this page. Mo is still working on his website so we will share it soon.

Until then,
Peace and Wellness,

1 comment:

Betty Buckle said...

Dear Corey,
First of all, I have really been enjoying your blog! Glad everything is going well for all of you. We miss you though. We had a picnic at the cabin for Liss's birthday and Jackson asked if Cy was coming. :( But, your happiness certainly shines through your writings. Take care and Happy Birthday tomorrow! All our love. A. Betty